Information We Collect
We collect different data based on your activities as a User. Our primary goal in collecting personal information via the Site (including third party application tools) and/or facebook, twitter and other social networks pages (including, but not limited to, your name, age, gender, location, educational information, search history, phone number(s), valid e-mail address, location, photos, unique device identifiers, friends, and user clicks) is to evaluate you for a scholarship and to provide you with a smooth, efficient, customized experience.
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our Sites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the Site to work correctly, to evaluate their use, and to support website and application analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your computer’s or cell phone’s operating system, or your computer browser type;
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our Site. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized user experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
Your consent may be withdrawn at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should your consent be withdrawn, we will be unable to provide all or part of the Services to you. We may retain personal information following withdrawal of consent for reasonable business or legal purposes.
Information From Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources and add it to your account information. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our Service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud.
We may acquire user lists from other parties so that we may invite new people to visit the Site. Our policy is to acquire only lists of people who have indicated that they are willing to receive e-mails. Also, each time we send an e-mail, we provide people with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future e-mails.
Use of Your Information
The Company uses your information to offer and provide Services and to support our core business functions. These include evaluation of applications, service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication and legal functions. We may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor applicant patterns so we can consistently improve our Site design to better meet our users needs.
Information We Share
We may share your information with third parties including, but not limited:
- Associate companies - We may disclose your information within our corporate family of companies for the purposes mentioned above;
- Service Providers - We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites and assist us in our marketing activities. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in India or other locations where the service providers or the Company maintains facilities. We require our service providers to keep your information secure
- Business Owners - We may disclose statistical information such as site traffic, personal information, user clicks and other user information to the Business owners listed on the Site and offer providers, enabling them to assess the demand for their educational programs and assist in enhancing their educational programs.
- Special Circumstances - We may disclose your information in other special circumstances which include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of the Company, our users, our suppliers/vendors, our advertisers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. The Company shall provide your personal information where required by law or under any legal proceedings or by an investigative body in case of a breach of an agreement.
- Business Transfers - We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of the Company or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
- Advertisers and Tie Ups – This Site may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads or other services (e.g., banners or links) on its behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or Web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. In most of these situations, the third parties will receive your information because you will be visiting their Web sites or using their links and, in doing so, you may provide information directly to them. You therefore should refer to their privacy policies to understand how they handle your information and what kinds of choices you have.
Public Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Any personally identifiable information (Example, your email address) voluntarily displayed by you on the Site may be used by third parties for unsolicited purposes. Please note that the Company shall not be liable for such unsolicited use by third parties of your personally identifiable information which has been voluntarily displayed by you.
"Aggregated Data" means records which have been stripped of personally identifying information, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information are not available in Aggregated Data. We may combine your personal information on an anonymous basis with other information to generate Aggregated Data for internal and commercial use and for sharing with affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners for planning and marketing purposes.
Opting Out of Email
If you are a registered user and wish to change your e-mail preferences, or if you prefer to opt out by regular mail, you may mail us at email@example.com to notify us of your request.
Note: Once you have submitted your e-mail opt-out request you should assume that it has been successfully received and your request is being processed. Please allow us fourteen business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
Access to Information
If you are a registered user, you can update your information by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of Information
The Company has put in place various physical, electronic and managerial procedures to try to safeguard and secure the information we collect. For example, we provide strong encryptions to store certain information and have stringent managerial checks and password change policies for the data base in place. The information we collect is stored with third party data centres which have a holistic security model with seven levels of security. Please note that the Company shall not be liable for any misuse or loss of information carried out by such third party data centre. Furthermore, we also rely on your cell phones strong security model to ensure that there is no information or security leak, unless intentionally processed for authentication.
Please note however that while we implement many security measures on this site, 100% security cannot be guaranteed.
The Company is committed to resolving any user concerns regarding their privacy. If a user feels that their privacy may have been violated, the Company will attempt to directly resolve the complaint. Any complaints that are still unresolved after these direct efforts will be settled by arbitration.
Users who wish to contact the Company to
- Inquire about or update their personal information
- Make a complaint about the collection or use of their personal information
- inform of errors in the information available on the Site
Please email us at email@example.com